Player Guides

Imperious

Sorry if there is already a section with posted but I haven't found any around the levelling process. Things such as gold you can carry, what shield you can carry without flaring Cerberus and such. I usually play fighting monster 1.5 to 2 times my level once I hit 150 and have grabbed a decent shield however I am finding Cerberus seems to be targeting me a lot faster than what I remember in previous versions.

As an example I can barely hold a 900k shield at level 500 and Cerberus wants to chomp through my charms for fun. It's all good fun but being Cerbed three times within an hour on a level 500 char also becomes tedious because I am a little limited to how I can play a strategy if I can't hold onto a shield.

I tried purchasing over 2000 charms that didn't really help as he just ate his way through them after several encounters. Even let a Titan bash my shield down to what was what I considered my minimum safe level but Cerby still wanted me.

Is it just my strategy? Do I level too high? Have there been any changes to prevent this strategy?

I am loving the challenge at the moment but I guess my thoughts go to the players who may be new to Phantasia as I once was and there is little guidance available. I appreciate Phantasia has always had a steep learning curve but I am sure we want a few more guys in here to build the community going forward also.

I have not played RoW enough to truly comment on this, but i can offer you a bit of advice per my Vanilla strategy.

Forcefield.

A shield is something that should save your life, not something that you should be counting on to soak damage. The following spell cycle is usually what i use for melee fighting:

FF > Paralyze > 3xMight > Paralyze > 5-10xMelee(depending on speed) > Paralyze > 5-10xMelee > Paralyze ... etc.

Seems like a lot of mana, but imagine what you would be using on a Manabolt as a fighting class. Also i would recommend sinking money in to a bigger sword, in spite of the increased cost.

In terms of guides, i wouldn't expect someone else to do the work for you. Take notes, monsters sizes relative to your level and shield size. You'll notice patterns emerging sooner than later.

Hope this helps.

I think you have misunderstood a little mate. I was asking on behalf of new players...

I had a 5k sword at level 500... again that made Cerb go nuts.

I know the ins and outs of my strategy and tbh I can tweak around the value of the max shield accordingly myself but I am somebody who has played Phantasia since near enough its conception.

I guess I am curious is Phantasia being brought into the realm of lets increase the community and player base to grow the game...especially the clone versions or is it going to remain a nostalgic experience and be as harsh as ever for newcomers with very little guidance other than learn as you go...

As an example I could write up my personal strategy but I think it would take away from a lot of the learning of the game as my latest char as an example is level 595 in roughly three and a half hours play...that is with most of the time wasted sat on low level co-ords resting for quest actions which never came lol as well as being Cerbed three times and having to drop right back down in size...

As an example I can barely hold a 900k shield at level 500 and Cerberus wants to chomp through my charms for fun. It's all good fun but being Cerbed three times within an hour on a level 500 char also becomes tedious because I am a little limited to how I can play a strategy if I can't hold onto a shield.

I tried purchasing over 2000 charms that didn't really help as he just ate his way through them after several encounters. Even let a Titan bash my shield down to what was what I considered my minimum safe level but Cerby still wanted me.

Is it just my strategy? Do I level too high? Have there been any changes to prevent this strategy?

Seemed as though you were asking for yourself, sorry if my response was not helpful. If you feel like you have a strategy that others could benefit from i would love to read it! I think the more we have for new players the better.