Help Re: Strange Death

Imperious

Hi guys, I am a very old Phantasia player back from the days of AcidWulf, GremlinPrincess, Locky etc etc. I have always played on and off over the years when the game has been available and I would like to start by saying thank you so much for bringing the game back. It is just a great time killer!

Anyway onto my strange death... I was playing a Hylian named Imperious and died to a Begion. I had roughly a 1.3 mill shield etc. and I was playing relatively safe killing Leans and Ungos etc. where my shield was able to take the hits and I could para/evade even haste to help out the process if needed. The strange death occured with a Begion which hit me for over 10 million damage.

I hadn't been TP'ed to a larger size and I hadn't lost shield or speed to any special attacks... It just really has me baffled as like I have stated Ungos, Lean, Dragons at that level where no problem I also had a stack of charms.

23> Imperious, the level 371 Hylian, was killed by Begion on Mon Mar 28 16:05:55 2016.

That was the exact death as of the scoreboard. Any light shed on it would be great.

Many Thanks,

Mark

It was in single hit which is what baffled me. I have lost many chars(2-3k lvls) in the past to multi strikes and big spikes in damage off single hits but 10 million for the size I was in which will have been 350-390ish if memory serves was seemingly unfathomable.

Do wizards still maintain the ability to check the actual logs as I know there have been anomalies in the past where a char would be restored. If anything though I am more after clarity on the viability of something hitting that hard at that point in the game as there would be no strategy allowing for any class to cope with that much damage...hell I wouldn't have a 10 mill shield at level 3000+ lol

Hi guys, I am a very old Phantasia player back from the days of AcidWulf, GremlinPrincess, Locky etc etc. I have always played on and off over the years when the game has been available and I would like to start by saying thank you so much for bringing the game back. It is just a great time killer!

Anyway onto my strange death... I was playing a Hylian named Imperious and died to a Begion. I had roughly a 1.3 mill shield etc. and I was playing relatively safe killing Leans and Ungos etc. where my shield was able to take the hits and I could para/evade even haste to help out the process if needed. The strange death occured with a Begion which hit me for over 10 million damage.

I hadn't been TP'ed to a larger size and I hadn't lost shield or speed to any special attacks... It just really has me baffled as like I have stated Ungos, Lean, Dragons at that level where no problem I also had a stack of charms.

23> Imperious, the level 371 Hylian, was killed by Begion on Mon Mar 28 16:05:55 2016.

That was the exact death as of the scoreboard. Any light shed on it would be great.

Many Thanks,

Mark

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Phantasia!

Sorry to hear of your death. I wonder if it is possible that the Begion Critical hit you? I know in the Vanilla every so often you can critical hit the monsters for 1000% of your strength, maybe it is higher... I'll try to provide a screenshot next time it happens for me.