Monsters hp

Tuffy

Does monsters HP vary or is it consistent? I've always thought it to be a consistent number. 

A Leanan should have 3k hp per level as far as I know and according to the monster table. Yet when I was watching a friend play over at my house, he did more damage than the Leanan should have for HP, yet the Leanan lived and killed him.

Here is a log of the combat - I did grab a screenshot of it too.

You find and attack Leanan-Sidhe. - (Size: 2830)

Which spell do you wish to cast?

Magic Bolt fired!

You hit Leanan-Sidhe for 8187854 magic damage!

Which spell do you wish to cast?

Magic Bolt fired!

You hit Leanan-Sidhe for 596781 magic damage!

This should have killed a size 2830 Leanan which should have 8,490,000 hp. He ended up doing another 200k dmg before the Leanan killed him. How much HP did the Leanan have?

Curious if there is a bug or what? He did 9 Mil dmg.

Thanks

• Administrator

You should see all the variables in the code for how magic bolt works. I think for the most part it is accurate to what you would expect BUT it also varies based on conditions.

If your buff damage is too low, it will fail. If you are fighting a Dark Lord it will fail. There is a 5% chance that if you are in IT Combat it will fail. 

It also increases its effectiveness based on your spell level, or how weak of a monster you are fighting.

If you are fighting the Tarrasque it gets resisted every once in a while. Sometimes you also get more effectiveness based on how good you are. 

6 hours ago, Link said:

You should see all the variables in the code for how magic bolt works. I think for the most part it is accurate to what you would expect BUT it also varies based on conditions.

If your buff damage is too low, it will fail. If you are fighting a Dark Lord it will fail. There is a 5% chance that if you are in IT Combat it will fail. 

It also increases its effectiveness based on your spell level, or how weak of a monster you are fighting.

If you are fighting the Tarrasque it gets resisted every once in a while. Sometimes you also get more effectiveness based on how good you are. 

In the Scenario I posted though the bolt didn't fail at all. I'm saying it actually did more damage than Leanans HP, yet didn't kill it for some reason.